Saturday, November 20, 2010

Friday in the Workshop, Saturday on the couch!

Friday morning started out great - Scott was getting his checklist done  in the workshop, I was catching up with shipping, all was going well, until Scott came in and said, Honey, (I thought he was coming in for lunch), I looked up and saw it - his hand covered with a towel - I knew something happened.  Now, usually in our house, he is the calm one in emergencies, but when I saw it and the look on his face, somehow I just reacted and we went to the ER. 

Here's the part where I spare the details - fastforward four hours and one re-attached fingertip (plus a complimentary tetnus shot), thanks to the wonderful ER docs at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital and we were back at home, feeling a little like time just stopped and sucked all of our energy out.  Then came "happy Scott", aka, the pain meds are working!

Well, it's Saturday morning and Scott is sleeping, I think he needed it!  Next challenge: getting him to rest!  I'm sure there's a football game or two that can help!

1 comment:

  1. OH NO! I hope he heals quickly. I've cut my fingertip off before with a rotary cutter. Hope you are able to slow down and enjoy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete